Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week Six, part two

New England vs. St. Louis

So is this the biggest difference ever in average rating? Just because Nakamura and Shulman chose to do their patriotic duty and represent the ol' USA in Khanty-Mansiysk. Put on a white wig and go walk the "freedom trail", but if Samuel Adams were alive today, he'd be drinking Budweiser. I'll pick New England by two, though it tries my soul to do so.


Boston vs. San Francisco

Nothing wrong with a little regional pride, as long as the nation doesn't suffer. The East lost quite a bit on Monday but I think Boston will do their part to get some of it back. The Blitz, 2.5-1.5.


Seattle vs. New Jersey:

When you play a tournament game, do you write the opponent's title next to his name? I used to do it, but it's just so obsequious that I stopped. I'm pretty sure I scored better when I didn't. I'm not sure Seattle is hip to this bit of wisdom, though. New Jersey by a point.


Arizona vs. Baltimore:



Alright, this is probably the most contrived jumble since the Yangtze River one. But it works, I promise. I mean, the letters match up the way they're supposed to. One more for Baltimore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TUNDRA
BUNGEE
GURNEY

ERENBURG 'UN
(Aaron Burr Gun)

Ron Young said...

Right on target.