Monday, September 13, 2010

Week Four, part one

Manhattan vs. New York

Yes, you heard that right. Moving on...



So I finally got a scanner. Maybe I'll try to write darker next time but I have to rush now. Anyway, first of all, note the writing on the door to guess whose quarters this is. The guy on the left, imagine he's the coach or the captain, or something. He is saying "Your game. Play the Reti. Or maybe the English". And the guy on the right (who I'm sure you all recognize) responds, "That's just not     _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _     _ _ _    _ _" . And New York by a point.

ETA: I notice the "_ _ _" thing wraps around. The answer is 11,3,2. Three words.

Philadelphia vs. Baltimore

Upset of the week. Ok, I guess I didn't pick one last week or probably the week before. Alright, upset of the MONTH then. Ok? Philadelphia by a schuylkill.


St. Louis vs. Miami

Well, we all remember the last time Nakamura faced Becerra here. Having studied chess psychology under my masters Krogius and Benko, I don't think Hikaru will give Julio the satisfaction of acting all crazy for revenge. He'll play one of those quiet things he sometimes does and the game will end in a draw. And then he'll act like that doesn't bother him. Meanwhile, Miami will score below to pull out the minimum victory. Ok, that's two upsets this week. You owe me one.


Dallas vs. Arizona

When I talk about an upset, I mean a for-real upset, not 2385 beating 2386. So I won't act like a hero for picking Dallas here. You still owe me just one. Dallas by a point (like on a star).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

RANDOM
FIANCE
HUMBLE
BRONCO

CHARBONNEAU FOR ME
(Sharp enough for me?)

Elizabeth Vicary said...

these cartoons/scrambles are masterpieces. i am applauding out loud.

Ron Young said...

Right on, Mr. A.

Thanks, Elizzy.

Carterzbrw said...

RANDOM FIANCE HUMBLE BRONCO CHARBONNEAU FOR ME (Sharp enough for me?)