Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week Six, part one

New York vs. Miami:

Miami needs it but New York wants it, and we're a country where luxury comes before necessity. New York by an artificial hair.


Dallas vs. Carolina:

I hadn't actually noticed that East and West have not faced each other this season. Now that I have, let me express my dismay at the mockery being made of tradition this week. Dallas by a circus peanut.


Philadelphia vs. Chicago:

Though Philadelphia as a team is -2 while Chicago is +2 on the season, Philly's particular lineup tonight has outperformed Chi's particular lineup. This is the kind of tidbit that the full-time professional has at his fingertips but a player moonlighting as a prognosticator is apt to overlook. Philly by one.


Los Angeles vs. Manhattan:



Isn't it? LA, by the length of a Lindsay Lohan sobriety jag.

ETA: Maybe I should omit the bars on the capital I's. The srambled words are IONPA, LABREW, NYBAD, NOBAIL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PIANO
WARBLE
BANDY
ALBINO

All I get is "BANAWA DO A BLIP" so maybe Y should be circled instead of I for "BANAWA BY A PLOD" (Banawa by applaud).

Ron Young said...

OK, sorry sorry sorry. I promise no more mistakes this season. Or else I have to make fun of myself.

I fixed it. But you're probably in bed so you still get credit for solving first.

Sorry sorry sorry sorry.

Anonymous said...

So it is "BANAWA DO I PLAY?"

Ron Young said...

Is.