Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week Four, part two

Boston vs. New England:



Seriously, don't. New England by a point.


New Jersey vs. Carolina:

Just because I hate monotonous phrases, I thought about adopting a policy where a minimum margin is always implied unless specified otherwise. But that would increase the ignominy of the occasional 3-1 prediction, and I don't like to throw ignominy around. New Jersey, 3-1.


Los Angeles vs. Chicago:

I don't have anything particular in mind, but LA probably is the best team for jumble potential. If your name is a simple English word, then the puns are too transparent. I got rid of "Wolff" without too much guilt because I paired it with something else, but I still felt a little bit cheap. Anyway, that's why I like LA; for what they represent. Subscribe to the Vibe. 2.5-1.5.

San Francisco vs. Seattle:

Seattle needs it, which doesn't mean they'll get it, but I think they get it that they need it, as they've wheeled out not just the big guns but, who are just as important, the little guns. Seattle, but not by a slew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PECAN
CARPET
BRASH
SCENIC

ESCAPE: ENRICH
(Escape in reach?)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I got it now -

CHERNI: ESCAPE
(Journey: Escape)

Ron Young said...

Right the second time. I decided to dispense with labelling the board # because that would have shown lack of faith in myself as an artist.

Alvarado said...

PECAN CARPET BRASH SCENIC ESCAPE: ENRICH (Escape in reach?)

Ron Young said...

Anonymous 6:46 got it, complete with partial explanation.