Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week Seven, part two

Boston vs. New Jersey:

For New Jersey, it is do-and-maybe-die-anyway-or-die. Or tie. How about a tie. I haven't picked one of those in a while.


Philadelphia vs. New England:

"Put the bone in", she begged him,
As she paced across the floor.
"Put the bone in", she yelled out once more.
"Put the bone in"


The last time I quoted "Put the Bone in", I picked against Philadelphia anyway. I feel guilty about that. This time, I am picking Philly. Philly, 2.5-1.5.


St. Louis vs. Chicago:


This is not the director's cut of this drawing, but for some reason, the scanner did not wish to scan the full page. My guess is that somehow, by accident, I turned on a "smart feature" that refuses to scan the whole £u¢king page, but instead produces various segments of it. It did manage to zero in on the scrambled words, evidently recognizing them as significant elements of the picture, so give it credit for that. It also produced a giant blowup of the gentleman on the right, but was apparently was less impressed with the importance of the lady on the left; never zeroing in on her and not even producing her in toto in this scan, which is the most complete one it was willing to do. Anyway, the jumble speaks for me, so I won't insult your intelligence by spelling it out any plainer.


Los Angeles vs. Seattle:

I picked one definite upset already today. I don't see why I should have to take all the risks. You can bet LA. My pride is on Seattle.

No comments: