Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week Nine, part two

New England vs. Carolina:

Of the four matches scheduled for tonight, the most competitive features a seventy-two point average rating difference, and this is not that match. New England by two.


Philadelphia vs. Manhattan:

This isn't, either. Manhattan by two.


Arizona vs. St. Louis:

And neither is this. Even so, I will make it my modified upset special. St. Louis by only one. Lest we forget I've got a pair.


Dallas vs. Los Angeles:




For æsthetic reasons I hope will become clear, I thought it necessary to make a jumble of each of the three word balloons. Dallas by two.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WITHIN
SLOGAN
INWARD
DISCUS
JOVIAL
IMPORT
NUDIST
MOTIVE

WHO'S WINNING?
SALVIJUS.
TOT TO US.
I'M IMPEND.
As is the characters are penned (fenced/drawn) inside?

Ron Young said...

"Who's winning?"
"Salvijus"

So far, so good...then, "to" and "I'm" are solid, but the rest still needs to be played with.

Julius G said...

within
slogan
inward
discus
jovial
import
nudist
motive

solution:

Nukhim Rashkovsky is a Blood Elf Warlock in World of Warcraft

ben daswani said...

"not to me, i'm stupid"

?

if that's it, i don't even get it \:

this week was harder than usual

Ron Young said...

That is it.

"Who's winning?"

"Salvijus" ('t's obvious).

"Not to me. I'm stupid".

The reason I had to make a multi-part epic of it is that otherwise, the answer would simply be the player's name by itself and what kind of puzzle is that?


Salvijus. Isn't it?

ben daswani said...

ah! thank you for the explanation

i wasn't aware that the J was silent. i was trying to find a pun based around "salvage" \: