Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Thing for the Ring

New England vs. Miami:




You may remember that last week I announced a raising of the intellectual level of the jumble, so this week, to compensate, I am lowering the level of taste. I expect the puzzle itself will prove easy enough to figure out, but the challenge is to get (in the sense of "understand") it. I know that I would not have got it a couple of hours ago, before I did some educational googling. On the bright side, perhaps you will be happier not understanding, expecially if you are a Miami fan (we won't think about Miami players).

But the jumble is just the means to an end, after all, and that it is to let you know in advance what's going to happen in the match, so that you may do something else with your valuable time. New England on top, in regulation. By a sharp point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miami wins 2.5-1.5 Mark it down cowboys. And dont tell me I didnt tell ya so. Oh yeah and fire Young, he was supposed to make the correct prediction:)

Anonymous said...

Ron, could you post intructions on how to do these puzzles for first-timers?

Anonymous said...

SHAKEN
ROTTEN
RATION

WHERE'S THAT NOR'EASTER AT?

Anonymous said...

After "WHERE'S THAT NOR'EASTER AT?" part one sort of goes zen (or google) with it, before finally arriving at Mr. Young's PUN-ning punch with a big THWACK on the forehead ... um, make that derriere.