Monday, November 1, 2010

Division Semifinals

New England vs. New York:



The jumbled words all over the place represent my first attempt to thwart the "smart features" of the scanner that discourage it from scanning the entire document. It didn't work. However, adding the partial straight line on the right (that I have left in as evidence of my ingenuity) worked better. A tiny sliver of word balloon on the left was cut off, but I don't think that will thwart any of you (or just you, as the case may be).

As for the match, I'm picking New York. On the one hand, that's an insult to the Nor'easters, who have stampeded through the season thus far. But on the other, when they make the movie, they may base the character of "doubting prognosticator" on me, and then I'll clean up on consulting fees.

Late edit: To borrow an old Yermo joke, look for Al to be the hero.

Baltimore vs. Boston:

I don't know if I have to pick a winner, or if I can get away with just "to advance". But I don't expect any breaks from the world, so Boston to win. I'd be more specific as to why, but as David Pruess pointed out earlier this week, get too specific and you prevent what was going to happen from happening.


Miami vs. Chicago:

What a night the people will see. What a fight the people will see. Glory be.

Edit: It has been suggested to me that not everyone is up on the Billboard Hot 100 of 1974, or was it still "Your Hit Parade"? Anyway, the above paragraph means "Miami".

Arizona vs. Seattle:

All four matches today, because I do not want to get into lazy habits. Arizona, partly because Altounian is good at not losing, and partly just because.

No comments: