Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week Nine, part one

Queens vs. Carolina:

In baseball, no one could care any less about a late-season game betwen two teams not going anywhere. But in chess, we know that each time we sit down to watch, we may witness the creation of a masterpiece that will be talked about long after Dempsey-Firpo, Ali-Foreman and Andrew-Krasik have been forgotten. I pick Queens to squeeze out the odd Botticelli.


Dallas vs. Chicago

I figured this should be the jumble match so I had to wait till last minute to allow for more lineup changes.


FEDHIS
_ _OOO_

ICYMOP
OOO_ _ _

ISKEN
O_O_ _

AMOLD
O_OO_




_ _ _ _ _ _/_ _ _/_ _


So Chicago by a pizza crust.


San Francisco vs. Tennessee:

If you want to pull off a big upset, the first thing is to make sure you are outrated by as as much as possible. SO far so good. But I don't think the necessary intangibles are present tonight. SF by three lengths.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mehmed say oh? does that make any sense? i don't know!

Ron Young said...

Damn it, I messed it up again. I had changed humid but then I switched out of the page and it reverted back, I guess. Sorry will fix it. Damn it damn it damn it.

Ron Young said...

Ok it's fixed. That's two major screwups this season. I should be fired. Maybe we could start a groundswell.