Sunday, October 6, 2013

Turn off, tune out, matriculate

First of all, I am a bit reluctant to do this today. When I'm no longer smart, people may just throw me out like yesterday's bald Irish pop star (I'd have said "pop tart", but that may be an anachronism). Also, I have just been indulging in performance-diminishing drugs. Leaving the bar, a girl told me "have a nice night". It seemed like a funny thing to wish someone at 4:30 am but I've been doing my best ever since to make her wish come true. By the way, I was riding a crowded bus last night when I sensed that the guy next to me was sort of shrinking from me. I had been reading a book by Gay Talese, but the way I was holding it, I guess it might have looked like "Gay Tales" (although the cover was a manly shade of blue. Almost excessively, in fact). By the way, a friendly acquaintance at the bar had (until recently) not been at the bar for a year or so. He is the cheerful sort who always sees the glass as half full. Unfortunately, he got a bad rep by finishing all the half-full glasses around the bar, because sometimes the orderers of those drinks were simply away from their places for a moment. I have once or twice made some apologetic comment for the lack of formatting (mostly paragraphing) in some of my blog posts. I have not yet apologized (so let me do so now) for not keeping an up-to-date record of my record. I think, though, it's time just to accept that I will never get around to fixing the majority of such loose ends. Open letter to God: My papers aren't in order. Sorry. Sure hope you can sort of everything out when I'm dead. Gonna do the rest fast: BROWNS, Eagles, TITANS, DOLPHINS, Jaguars (worst bet), Patriots, Seahawks, Lions, Saints, Panthers, RAIDERS, Broncos, NINERS, Jets, at -4, +2, +3, -3, +11.5, + 1.5, -2.5, +7, pick, -2, +4.5, -7, -7, (I decided a while ago I liked the Oxford comma) and +9.5.

No comments: