Sunday, November 8, 2009

Division Semifinals, part one

New York vs. Boston

A serious match calls for a serious analysis. For New York to advance, they have to win, and to expect that, I have to find a serious New York edge somewhere. Board Four is a natural place to look but Krasik, despite his non-master status, has played at a 2300+ level this season. He is well past the age where it is possible to improve, so there must be another reason. Maybe all his talk inspires him to live up to it more than it does his opponents to make him eat it. Whatever, I don't see enough to pick NY to overcome the draw odds. 2-2 Boston.


New Jersey vs. Baltimore

NOGUY
OO_OO

POORUS
O_O_O_

HOGRUT
_O_OO_

PINGLY
O_OOO_






AN    '_ _ _ _ _    '_ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _



And I agree. A right result for New Jersey.

P.S. What's up with this underlining? I didn't mean for that to be there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krasik's current rating is 2278.

Montreal Meany said...

Ah, sorry. Too many ratings for me to keep track of. I guess I need to hire someone.

Anonymous said...

too hard, can't solve it!

Ilya said...

" and I dont know if all his talk inspired him to play better..." Ok, I challange you to find one instance where I make bold prediction about beating my opponents. One guy made them this year and I responded afterwards. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am humble in terms of my own play and ability and unlike some people wrongly suggested --I do not harbor illusions. On the other hand I do like to joke and participate in making life more colorful in USCL and I do talk straight even if it sounds harsh to say the truth.

Ron Young said...

Now you tell me this. I would have picked New York to win if I'd known.

Ron Young said...

I assume that each person who bothers to comment here represents a hundred others. So I'll give the hint that I made the spectator guy a Cockney for a reason. Note his Andy Capp/newsboy hat and his habit of dropping his H's.

It is never out of the question that I simply messed up the letter placement but I checked and this time, at least, I didn't, aside from the accidental annoying underlining.