Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week Four

New Jersey vs. Boston:

I’m as tired of picking Boston as you are of me picking them. But whether it’s the chill northern climate that discourages outdoor activities, or the rah-rah spirit of the small town, something is working for them. I think I have to pick them till they lose (but I’m not doubling my bet each week). Oh wait, they already lost. New Jersey, then, by one.


Carolina vs. New York:

Back to righty this week . I tried to get some inspiration by looking up famous right-handed artists, but I couldn’t find anything. It must be discouraging for aspiring dextral talents, but I’m too busy with my men’s rights work to fight for their cause.



New York, 2.5-1.5


Dallas vs. Miami:

I clicked on Vazirova’s name, and she sure looks like Zorigt to me. The guys who run this league are tough to fool, though, and Dallas was busted and sentenced to hard time odds. I predict that this proves good for their souls but bad for their chess game. Miami, 2.5-1.5.


Philadelphia vs. San Francisco:

This “Sally Solomon” sounds like a very wise woman, and she picks Philadelphia. I don’t quite understand why, but I think I have a clue. Kudrin has the Pioneer Palace training, while Smith can see Russia from his house. Still, those ratings on the right are pretty scary. I think I’m going to split this baby in half. Cat’s match.


Tennessee vs. Arizona:

The question here is not who will win the match, but when the league will step in and do something to restore a bit of competitive balance to the league.

Tennessee, 2.5-1.5

No comments: