Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week Seven, part one

Boston vs. Philadelphia:

The Philadelphia Flyers spoiled the Boston Bruins' Stanley Cup ceremony this week and I see that trend continuing, minus the cup and the ceremony. Philadelphia.


New York vs. New Jersey:

If I were to point out a propos of this match that New Jersey holds a lifetime 5-3 edge over New York, and if Phil Mushnick of the NY Post sports section were suddenly to start covering the USCL, I would be eviscerated for mindlessly spouting an inane and irrelevant statistic. I think I'll hang on to my intestines, thank you. New York.


Los Angeles vs. Miami:



This one is for advanced solvers. Advanced in just what, you may decide. LA.


Seattle vs. St. Louis:

If memory serves, St. Louis is more often on the giving end of time odds than the receiving. If if it doesn't, hey, I still have my emotions and motor functions to work with. The Archies, #1 with a bullet this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banter - vanity - smithy - caught
"It's Tatev ragin' Yu."
(I don't think this is entirely right...but it is the only thing I can make involving Abrahamyan, who I assume is depicted in the drawing.)

Ron Young said...

"It's Tatev _ _ gin' y_" is right. Just the other three letters are misplaced.

Anonymous said...

Miami?

Ron Young said...

Not sure what you mean by "Miami" but the answer phrase was "It's Tatev urgin' ya", which was intended to be a pun on "It's state of Virginia", as "Sic Semper Tyrannus", aside from being Brutus's supposed words on stabbing Caesar, is the official motto of Virginia, memorably quoted by John Wilkes Booth after shooting Lincoln.