Monday, November 10, 2008

Division Semi-finals

It’s the playoffs! Carolina and Miami clearly outperformed this week’s opponents this season but if they lose tonight it’s over for them just the same. In the predictors contest, though, it’s just another week. No need for silly artifice to enhance the excitement here. So...are you READY? Here it comes!!


Boston vs. Queens:

Queens is playing without the league’s MVP but I am sure there is a good reason. Probably Coach Stripunsky feels that Lenderman does such a great job with the team blog that he doesn’t want him to have any distractions. Always trust the coach. Queens, 2.5-1.5.


New York vs. Carolina:


Interesting match between the guys who did the job all year and the guys who did it only when they had to. I’m more comfortable with the latter type. New York, 2.5-1.5.


San Francisco vs. Dallas:




UMBRIA
O O O_ _ _

SEWARD
O O_O_ _

KYLAB
_O _OO

NOGAY
O_ _O_


Answer: HE _ _ _ _ THE “_ _ _ _ _ _ _”



San Francisco, 2.5-1.5


Miami vs. Seattle:


With White, Hikaru has favored 1 g3 this year, which seems to me the worst of both worlds (too weak for advantage, but not weak enough to be insulting). It reminds be of the way Dzhindzhi would give Asa Hoffmann 15-1 money odds while receiving pawn and move; just a tiny ego gain if he scores 100% but the chance to get hit hard in the wallet with a little bad luck. Anyway, Hikaru has Black tonight, which is probably a good thing for his team. But Miami is a team full of geniuses and I don’t think they’ll lose. I forecast a tie.

2 comments:

Greg Shahade said...

Shamefully I must admit that I haven't solved it yet.

At least I can take solace in the fact that you can't feel too much smarter than me given that you picked just 1 of the 4 semifinalists. This is not the kind of results we expect from our champion!

Ron Young said...

Sorry, the extra week kind of screwed me up. I'm a very delicate machine.